Next Orientation Session
Date: May, 2023
Format: Drop in
Additional info: Session intended to answer any last minute questions about the Basic Searcher course. However, anyone interested in learning more about YKSAR is more than welcome to attend.
Basic requirements for membership are that you…
- be 19 years of age at time of application
- have a clean criminal record
- submit a membership application with member fee
What you can expect as a member
- Two to three live searches per year
- Two search exercises per year (live search takes priority)
- Monthly call out drill with training session
- Specialized training opportunities (Wilderness First Aid, Team Leader, Winter orientation, GPS etc.)
How to apply
Download one of the membership packages in the links below and either return it by mail or bring it along to the next orientation session. YKSAR has cross membership agreements with several local outdoor groups. Pick the appropriate package if you are a member.